Islands Short Fiction Review Entry Rules
The rules for entry and submission into the 2022 Islands Short Fiction Review are below.
Submissions for the 2022 contest will open February 1, 2022.
Moving forward, results of the event will be announced via press release, on social media, online at www.nanaimoartscouncil.ca, and in the NAC newsletter. Subject to permission from the authors, the first, second, and third place stories in each category will also be published on the www.nanaimoartscouncil.ca website. Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
2022 Islands Short Fiction Review Entry & Submission Rules:
Islands Short Fiction Review is open to writers of all ages from Vancouver Island and the surrounding Gulf Islands.
Short Fiction of up to 2000 words. Deadline for submissions is 11:59 pm, April 30th, 2022.
Winners share $2,200 in awards!
There are three categories.
Awards for each category:
Junior: Ages 12 and under. No entry fee, but limited to two entries per person.
First Place: $100 cash & $75 gift certificate
Second Place: $50 cash & $50 gift certificate
Third Place: $25 cash & $25 gift certificate
Youth: Ages 13 to 18. No entry fee, but limited to two entries per person.
First Place: $150 cash & $75 gift certificate
Second Place: $100 cash & $50 gift certificate
Third Place: $75 cash & $25 gift certificate
Adult: Ages 19 and over. $20 per entry, no limit on entries.
First Place: $700 cash
Second Place: $400 cash
Third Place: $300 cash
- Stories of up to 2000 words will be accepted. Entries over the word count will not be considered.
- Your name MUST NOT be on any part of your submission except the entry form.
- Adults must pay a separate $20 entry fee for each submission. Junior and Youth submissions are free, but are limited to two entries per person.
- Entries must not be previously published. Stories which have previously placed first, second, or third in the Islands Short Fiction Contest may not be entered again.
- Payment can be made on the NAC website via credit card or PayPal, or by cheque payable to The Nanaimo Arts Council. Adult entries will not be considered until payment is received.
- We prefer online entries (doc, docx, or pdf formats only please) but will accept typewritten stories and cheques mailed to: The Nanaimo Arts Council, PO Box 401 Stn A, Nanaimo BC, V9R 5L3.
- Winners may be required to submit proof of identity and age in order to accept their prize.
- Deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2022, at 11:59 pm.
Winners will be announced at a prize ceremony and reading on May 28, 2022, at 2 pm. Information about attending this virtual event, which will be held online via Zoom, will be published in advance of the ceremony. Results will be announced via press release, on social media, online at www.nanaimoartscouncil.ca and www.isfc.ca, and in the NAC newsletter. Subject to permission from the authors, the first, second and third place stories in each category will also be published on the www.isfc.ca website. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.